On February 19, 2021, Skateistan's Goodpush Alliance co-hosted a free webinar on Accessible Skateparks, together with Drop In e.V. and SEHstern e.V.! Together with six amazing panelists, we talked about adaptive skateparks as well as sharing the main findings of the Accessible Skatepark Survey that we ran last year.
The panelists discussed skatepark usage and design so that skateparks can be made more accessible for everyone, particularly skatepark users with disabilities. This was an interesting session for anyone looking to make their skateparks and/or skate programs more inclusive.
- Lisa Jacob: Skatepark builder and volunteer for various social skate projects
- David Lebuser: WCMX pro from Germany
- Lily Rice: WCMX pro from the UK
- Dan Mancina: Blind skater and advocate for adaptive skateparks in the US
- Bilal Mir Bat Zai: Afghan adaptive skater and former skate coach
- Mandy Young: Founder of Adrenaline Alley skatepark in the UK
You can watch the full webinar below!
Thank you to everyone who joined this enriching conversation. We look forward to continuing this discussion on inclusion within skateboarding and will definitely host more online events in future. If you have ideas you'd like to share on this topic, please post them in our Goodpush Forum!