The Goodpush Alliance is an initiative by Skateistan to support and share knowledge among social skateboarding projects worldwide, so that we can make a bigger impact together.
Globally, there are now more than 600 skateboarding-for-youth-development projects working in 100+ countries. The Goodpush Alliance provides a platform for these projects to connect and collaborate.
Inspired by the open-source model, Goodpush offers training and advice on best practice to grassroots skateboarding projects via events, workshops, support calls, online resources, and awards. By registering as a Goodpush member, you can also access our free e-courses, post to the community forum, and get added to the map of social skate projects!
Key areas that we're focusing on are:
- Child protection and creating safe spaces
- Making skateboarding more inclusive (ie. girls, children with disabilities, refugees)
- Integrating skateboarding with educational outcomes
- Building a network of support among social skateboarding projects
Skateboarding NGOs and charities are continuously innovating to have a bigger impact in their communities, and by working together we can strengthen each other’s work, increase the data showing our impact, and build support for all projects using skateboarding as a tool for social change.
Since the Goodpush Alliance launched in early 2018, we have directly supported 250+ social skateboarding projects in 50+ countries through tailored consulting, workshops, webinars, support calls, and funding.
Goodpush initiatives include:
- ROLL Models: Leadership program and seed grants for women-led social skateboarding projects in Europe
- Pushing Against Racism: Coordination of the Commitment to Anti-Racism in Skateboarding and the PAR Fund
- Research: Such as the Annual Survey of Social Skateboarding Worldwide and Survey on Accessibility for Skateparks
- Goodpush Summits: In-person and online conferences bringing together social skate experts and practitioners
About our Resources
The Goodpush Toolkit offers free guidelines and templates to give community-based projects a head-start on running safe, high-quality skateboarding and creative education for children and youth. It features videos, guidelines, and open-source tools on nine topics. We also have a Library full of curriculum, videos, templates, and other resources, and an e-learning platform that goes deeper into key topics.
The Goodpush resources are aimed at anyone involved in running a skateboarding for youth development project. This includes resources for those who are just getting started, as well as for more established non-profit organizations looking to build up their skills and organizational capacity.
Skateistan is an award-winning non-profit organization which empowers children through skateboarding and education. By combining skateboarding with creative, arts-based education, Skateistan gives children the opportunity to become leaders for a better world. Skateistan launched the Goodpush Alliance in 2018 in order to support other social skateboarding projects to develop and thrive.
To find out about upcoming news and opportunities, sign up for the Goodpush newsletter.
If you’d like more info on the Goodpush Alliance or would like to request a free support call for your social skate project, get in touch!