We are excited to announce the 2019 call for Goodpush Alliance partners! If you’re involved in a project using skateboarding for social change and you want to take things to the next level, we want to hear from you. Deadline to apply is April 15!
This year we’ll be choosing three partners to get tailored support from the Skateistan team. We will provide selected partners with:
- Support calls / emails for their programming and organizational development challenges
- A $500 award to put towards their programs
- Safety gear for skate programming
- Funding to attend the first Goodpush conference, hosted by Skateistan South Africa in October 2019 (including flights and accommodation for one person)
Some of the key areas that we will provide support on:
- Child protection and safety
- Inclusion of girls and children with disabilities
- Connecting skateboarding with education
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting to donors
We are looking for very motivated partners who are excited not just about learning, but also sharing their own innovative ideas and activities with other members of the Goodpush Alliance. Whether you’re in the early stages of your skate project or already well-advanced, we welcome you to apply!
The Goodpush Alliance is an initiative by Skateistan to support and share knowledge among social skateboarding projects worldwide, so that we can make a bigger impact together.
Globally, there are now more than 100 skateboarding for youth development projects working in 50+ countries. Goodpush is a way for these projects to share knowledge and collaborate.
During Goodpush's pilot phase in 2018 we provided six months of tailored consulting, on-the-ground workshops, and cash awards to three partners: Make Life Skate Life (global), 7Hills (Jordan), and SkateQilya (Palestine).
HOW TO APPLY
Download and fill out our 2-page Goodpush Application Form, then email it to goodpush(at)skateistan.org with the subject line “2019 Partner Application”. The deadline to send in your application is 15 April 2019.
Projects led by minorities or those who are otherwise marginalized are encouraged to apply, such as people with disabilities, people of color, members of queer communities, trans people, women, and people from low or lower-middle income countries.
Selection of Goodpush partners will be made by early May 2019. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.